Who we are

By the initiative of the Bishop of Como, Alessandro Maggiolini, the Historic Archive of the Diocese of Como and the Diocesan Seminary Library have been concentrated into on study centre, situated within a large section of the seminary of Muggiò, which has been suitably restructured, with the realization of the necessary security, preservation and consultation systems.

The naming of the centre after Nicolò Rusca (1563-1618), a priest of the diocese of Como, a native of Bedano (currently the Ticino Canton) and archpriest of Sondrio, was particularly important for representing the entire diocese in its past territorial expansion and for emphasising the importance of the ecclesiastical culture of which Rusca was an illustrious exponent.

In order to better manage the various institutional activities connected to an archive and library of great historic significance that are essential for carrying out historical studies on the territory, it was decided to set up the Fondazione - Centro Studi "Nicolò Rusca" foundation, inviting the main local bodies operating in the territory of the ancient diocese of Como to take part, as well as some important local organizations at the economic level.